Toggle Sticks Gaming

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toggle Sticks Gaming

Worldwide Gaming Community

2 posters

It's good to be evil.

Path
    Path

It's good to be evil. Empty It's good to be evil.

Post  Path Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:45 pm

Well, I lost internet several months ago, and deciding that I don't actually have a life, I thought I may as well just steal other people's legitimately bought and, hard earned internet... Mwa ha ha ha!

Anyway, in coming to this conclusion, I borrowed my cousin's wi-fi adapter.
    And that worked well for a while, then they too, also lost their internet...

Slowly, all my local connections became unusable, until everything in range was dead, or password protected.
    I was able to detect one unlocked connection semi-in-range but I could only get it whilst I was quite a ways from my desktop computer.

Though I could pick it up on my desktop it was so painfully slow, that google took upwards of 10+ minutes to load. On a good day...

This was also remedied by a simple object...

The Mighty Coffee Can!It's good to be evil. 339787_199440550141120_100002255308818_407184_201954661_o

What was once a lowly 10Kb - 56Kb connection no maxes at around 850~ and averages around 400~

This literally could not have been easier to make, just place the wi-fi card in the can (center it of course) and tape it down. Then, just simply aim it wherever the source comes from, and voila, instant directional wi-fi.

I'm not sure if this acts as an actual satellite, or if it just reduces the static of the rest of the sources. Either way, this costs around $30 to make, (basically just the card, unless you don't have any duct tape.) and I got around a 200% - 400% efficiency boost.

Funny? Yes.
    Worth it? ABSOLUTELY.
    Crynocent
    Crynocent
    Admin

It's good to be evil. Empty Re: It's good to be evil.

Post  Crynocent Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:33 am

It didn't last very long, did it?
    Path
    Path

Post  Path Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:38 pm

Yes, well, they probably got pretty mad when they found out I was monopolizing 90% of their internet bandwidth..

I know I would be.

I feel kinda like Icarus... Flying to close to the sun, on my wings of stolen internet...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:32 pm