Toggle Sticks Gaming

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toggle Sticks Gaming

Worldwide Gaming Community

Forza 4: Week 5-6; Kinect and Wrap-up

Canis Lupo 07
    Canis Lupo 07

Forza 4: Week 5-6; Kinect and Wrap-up Empty Forza 4: Week 5-6; Kinect and Wrap-up

Post  Canis Lupo 07 Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:19 pm

Hey everyone. This is my final review for Forza 4. Today I will discuss Kinect and other little things in the game that I may not have mentioned.
    As far as kinect goes, I wasnt impressed. It is the only faulty part I can see to this game. As I quote Crynocent, "It was a gimmick". Kinect function gives you a chance to free race and walk around in the Autovista. I decided to check out the racing part first.
    Without basic instruction, you use your hand to pick a dealer, pick a car, and pick a track and you are thrown into a race. It doesnt mention that the computer does the shifting, acceleration and braking. All you do is steer. I dont even remember the camera panning back and forth as I went around corners or looked to the side while racing. I don't know whether I should chaulk that up to poor readings from the kinect, bad lighting, or what. And after the two lap race, my arms were tired. Kinda sucks when you have to hold them up to simulate holding a steering wheel.
    The autovista portion didnt go much better. Again the readings from the Kinect were faulty. I couldnt get it to stand still long enough to properly activate buttons. Everytime I moved half a centimeter it would walk left or right around the vehicle. I had to uncomfortably bend left or right and try to keep still in order to do anything. The Kinect Autovista doesn't even give you the chance to get info on the car's interior or start the engine as you get when you use the xbox controller. So needless to say I was in a hurry to get back to using the controller.
    All in all I give the Kinect functionality for this game my Epic Fail Award. And I dont give it out too often. It was definitely something Turn 10 and Microsoft Studios could of left out of the game. It needs more testing.
    I didnt find much else I hadnt already covered in the game. I did find that Turn 10 changes the Community Monthly Rival Challenges each month. Giving you a whole new set challenges to prove your skill in. That keeps it slightly fresh in my mind. And the marketplace keeps updating itself evey month with new content to download unlocking new cars and tracks to race.
    My final progress report: I am currently level 64, 6.9% career complete (due to the exuberant amount of races), 215 podium finishes out of 216 races, I own 352 cars totalling over 88 million, and I've spent 182,000 on vehicle repairs from racing. I also started a club Called Wolf's Rain: Club Tag [WoRn]. I'm looking for new members for anyone who wants to join. If you are in my club, you have access to any of my cars in the club garage to help you get through online and career races. Comes in handy when you want a car already tuned.
    Well, thats all for me on Forza 4. Hope you liked the insight and hopefully I can get some new racers out there to join me. I need some good competition. Later!!
    Canis Lupo 07
    Canis Lupo 07

Forza 4: Week 5-6; Kinect and Wrap-up Empty Re: Forza 4: Week 5-6; Kinect and Wrap-up

Post  Canis Lupo 07 Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:20 pm

if anyone has any questions about the game, I would be more then willing to answer them.

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:36 am