Toggle Sticks Gaming

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toggle Sticks Gaming

Worldwide Gaming Community

2 posters

Assassins Creed Brotherhood Review

Canis Lupo 07
    Canis Lupo 07

Assassins Creed Brotherhood Review Empty Assassins Creed Brotherhood Review

Post  Canis Lupo 07 Sat May 28, 2011 12:12 am

Alright Assassini. I know its been a while since Brotherhood came out. But as much as I love games, I love my fiancee/soon to be wife and being able to put gas into my car more.
    First off, I must say that without playing the first two games, it isnt worth buying. Otherwise you will be lost throughout the main story. The storyline itself was very well thought out as in the first two games. Only expanding on its every twist. The city of Rome and outskirts of said city is amazing. Nothing like climbing to the top of the Pantheon or Colloseum and looking out over the horizon. Controls are sketchy from time to time as the main character Ezio trys to keep up with fast button pushing. But it does pretty well.
    I applaud Ubisoft for taking the patience to create such a thought provoking story and hardscape. The screnery is just amazing. And even though you are confined to a certain area, the city of Rome and outlying countryside is so expansive that you dont feel couped up. The amount of collectibles has incresed ten fold. I spent a few spearate days just looking for those alone. Gives you a nice change of pace then having to stick to the story line. The secondary quests are seemingly endless as well. And a lot of them tie into the story. At times is does get a little monotonous.
    I also stuck my paw into the new multiplayer feature. There are four basic games you can play. Three of which have to be unlocked as you level up in the Templar ranks. My favorite being Wanted. Which is essetially you hunting down contracts while being hunted yourself by one or more players. You have to be swift, cunning, surprising and weary of how you act so you avoid being sighted by your prey and predators. Leveling up is fairly simple and each new rank unlocks abilities, perks, streak bonuses, other game modes, extra characters to play as and more. You can also customize profile sets to have whatever ever perks, abilities and streak bonuses you want to change it up mid game. I have had a few BS moments where my counterattack buttons didnt seem to work. But nothing bad in gameplay beyond that. The servers can take some time to load players as well depending on time of day. Im guessing not too many people play it. But overall, its a nice online slayer.
    I give this game a 4 out of 5. Congrats Ubisoft on all your success. I will be looking forward to the last installment coming out later this year.

"When other men blindly follow the truth, remember...nothing is true. When other men are limited by mortality or law, remember...everything is permitted. We work in the dark to serve the light. We are Assassins." Leap of Faith...I'M IN!! Giggity giggity. Smile
    Crynocent
    Crynocent
    Admin

Assassins Creed Brotherhood Review Empty Re: Assassins Creed Brotherhood Review

Post  Crynocent Sat May 28, 2011 7:02 am

I wanna poison someone holding a halberd again...
    Canis Lupo 07
    Canis Lupo 07

Post  Canis Lupo 07 Sat May 28, 2011 4:03 pm

you could always play again. I dont mind. Just say so. Ill bring the game over. Im sure its better on your tv.
    Crynocent
    Crynocent
    Admin

Post  Crynocent Mon May 30, 2011 6:22 pm

We gotta figure out another weekend when we're not doing anything. Next weekend, I won't be home. My Niece has her graduation this coming weekend.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 pm